2020 is finally over, and a new year is a new chance to make constructive changes in your life. And it may be more important than ever this year, with 2020 being an especially bad year for people with mental health issues and substance use disorders. If 2020 brought or worsened any substance abuse issues for you, then now is the time to start healing.
The Vance Johnson Recovery Center in Las Vegas, Nevada provides comprehensive care at every stage of addiction recovery. If you are ready to move on from 2020 and start 2021 as a happier, healthier person, then going to a drug and alcohol rehab may be the best thing for you.
Stages of Addiction Recovery Programming
Just like addictions don’t begin with one thing, addiction recovery is a multi-step process. Our licensed and accredited Las Vegas rehab takes you through each step of recovery, from your first day sober to living a sober lifestyle well after completing rehab. Let’s delve into each level of care and what sort of treatment options you can expect throughout the addiction recovery process.
1. Drug and Alcohol Detox
Quitting drugs or alcohol is often harder than people realize. There is a popular misconception that quitting cold turkey at home is an effective strategy, but the reality is a little different. Depending on the substance you’re detoxing from, suddenly quitting could have a variety of side effects, including:
- Hot and cold flashes
- Nausea and vomiting
- Delusions or hallucinations
As you can see, withdrawal side effects range from uncomfortable to life-threatening. And when you try to quit at home, it’s easy to relapse to get the symptoms to stop. At the Vance Johnson Recovery Center in Las Vegas, our approach to addiction recovery avoids this risk.
With our social model detox program, we alleviate the risk of relapse during detox. With our 24/7 supervision, your vitals and comfort will be constantly monitored by a highly trained care professional in a sober environment. If you need medical attention during the detox process, you will receive medical care to keep you safe and as comfortable as possible. And this can give you the confidence and peace of mind to finally take the first big step in your addiction recovery journey.
2. Inpatient and Residential Rehab Programs
Inpatient and residential treatment programs are where you will begin to address the psychological aspects of addiction. These factors never really go away, but with time and effort, you can learn to overcome these hurdles and attain long-term recovery. At the Vance Johnson Recovery Center, we offer two programs to choose from.
Intensive Inpatient Program
This level of care was specially designed for individuals with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental health issues. Mental health and addiction are often closely related, and this level of care focuses on treating both as one comprehensive issue. This rigorous program blends together elements of traditional addiction treatment with mental health care, which allows our patients to achieve better results from treatment and stay in recovery with lower risk of relapse.
Residential Rehab Program
This program is for people who do not have co-occurring mental health issues, but have experienced drastic adverse effects of addiction. This includes people who have lost relationships, gotten into trouble with the law, or experienced other problems created by drugs and alcohol. At this level of care, addiction recovery programming focuses on learning coping skills and relapse prevention strategies to get you back in control of your life.
At both levels of care, our highly trained staff employs certain best practices throughout treatment. These treatment options are centered around treating addiction holistically and comprehensively in a way that fosters your overall wellness.
3. Unique Approaches to Treatment
Throughout all levels of rehabilitative care, we employ treatment modalities that have proven track records as effective, evidence-based practices. Some of these treatment considerations include:
- Individual Therapy: Therapy options include substance use disorder counseling, recovery maintenance skills counseling, co-occurring challenges counseling, and other individual treatment modalities. The focus of these treatments vary, but the overall theme is laying the groundwork for long-term recovery by healing the mind and spirit and giving healthy coping skills that work in the real world.
- Group Counseling: Our counseling groups are similarly varied, with everything from experiential groups where you’ll share your experiences with addiction to process groups where you’ll work through the stages of addiction recovery. In all of our groups, you will be supported by fellow individuals in recovery and led by the thoughtful guidance of addiction specialists and mental health professionals.
- Chronic Pain Recovery: Chronic pain can lead to addiction, especially where opioid pain relievers are involved. To combat the rising fentanyl deaths in Las Vegas, our chronic pain track addresses chronic pain and fosters pain management and recovery in a space that does not rely on addictive substances. With this type of care, we address the physical and mental pain that chronic pain causes and help you work toward a healthier, happier future.
- Trauma-Informed Treatment: At the core of all of our addiction recovery programming, we are sensitive to trauma. For many people with substance abuse issues, trauma has become a defining feature of their lives. Across every level of care, we deliver compassionate care that takes trauma into account. This gives our patients the respect and dignity they deserve, and just as importantly, it makes a full, long-term recovery possible.
4. Alumni Resources
Your addiction recovery journey does not stop after rehab, and neither does our support. For all alumni of our addiction treatment programs, we provide alumni services to support them throughout their lives and foster a recovery community in Las Vegas.
Our alumni groups allow former patients to stay in touch with staff members and other alumni via regular support meetings. We also host social gatherings (with coronavirus safety compliance in mind) that allow people to come together and enjoy the company of friends in a supportive, sober space.
Addiction Recovery Begins Now
Today can be the first day in your recovery journey, if you choose that. You have to want long-term recovery to achieve it, but we’re here to empower you and support you through every step of this process. Our Las Vegas rehab center is staffed with highly trained, compassionate individuals who genuinely want to see you achieve long-term addiction recovery.
The post Addiction Recovery Journey: From Day One to Lifelong Recovery appeared first on Vance Johnson Recovery Center.
Original Author: Vance Johnson Recovery Center